A vacuum cleaner is an important part of any household, but the traditional models requiring plugging have long lost their supremacy in front of the rechargeable vacuum cleaner, which is usually lighter to allow freedom of movement, and autonomy, no matter the specific of the surface it’s used on.
Buying a rechargeable vacuum is a good idea for those who need to clean their homes more frequently, and not worry about power outlets or cords. Some people need them to clean after their pets, others because of their kids making a mess everywhere they eat, play games, study or watch TV, and some because they simply don’t have a power outlet available at convenient locations in their home.
The Advantages of Rechargeable Vacuums
- Weight – The weight is the most important difference between a corded and cordless cleaner. The latter is much lighter and easy to carry around, which is a big factor when it comes to preventing aches and pains over time.
- Autonomy – A machine that’s rechargeable allows you to clean virtually any part of your house, or even car, without worrying about the distance to the power outlet or tripping over the cord.
- Dimensions – It’s smaller and more compact than traditional models, which means it requires less storage space. You can keep it in the closet, under a bed, or behind the couch; no one will see it, and you will have it within reach whenever you need it. Due to the same convenient dimensions, it helps you reach and clean difficult areas like underneath the furniture, or behind the couch.
- Easy cleaning – Using such a device is a matter of pressing a button, since there’s no cord to plug in or withdraw. The suction power can be as high as that of a regular vacuum machine or even higher, depending on the brand and model.
- Attachments and features – A rechargeable cleaner, just like its corded alternatives, comes with extra attachments meant to make your work easier. You should get at least a telescopic wand, a nozzle for tight spots, and a brush for the carpets; but of course, it depends on the model you end up buying.
- Long battery life – This is one of the important aspects you should take into account when choosing a cordless style vacuum, because reliable models can offer you up to 30 minutes of autonomy, perhaps even more. There are also models that will only work for 10 or 20 minutes before requiring a recharge. You need a device that will at least allow you to finish your cleaning session in good conditions before requiring another recharge.
- Versatility – Without cords and power outlets to worry about, you can use your rechargeable vacuum virtually anywhere in the home, from the kitchen table to the living room, bedroom, garage, car or terrace. It should work just as well on carpets, tiles, wood and laminated surfaces, but this is also a matter of design, so study all your options before buying.
As you can see, buying a rechargeable vacuum cleaner is not just a good idea, it’s one of the best investments you could make, on the condition that you study the market carefully and make sure you’ll enjoy all the above benefits at a fair price.