Undoubtedly, household tasks are strenuous. We are always in search of ways to ease this strain.
A cumbersome vacuum cleaner merely adds to the stress. Hence, portable vacuum cleaners have become the answers to many prayers.
Top 10 Advantages
These functional vacuum cleaners certainly have many advantages that make them a great compliment to any household arsenal.
- They are portable – For starters, they are lightweight (more on how to choose a lightweight vacuum here) and portable. This makes them mobile and easy to take to any part of the home, including outside the home, and inside the car. Most portable cleaners do not come with cords, so you don’t have to constantly plug them in, and pull them out. Those that do, have cords that can extend over long distances.
- They are compact – Many of these machines are either foldable or flexible, allowing them to life stubborn dirt and debris from underneath heavy furniture.
- They lift dirt from inaccessible areas – This compactness eases the problem of vacuuming edges, stairs and other hard to reach areas. They can also come with handy accessories, or attached tools, that lift dirt from unreachable corners.
- Easy to store – their size and compact nature makes them incredible easy to store away. Finding a place for them in your garage or other storage area is never an issue. This is especially true with handheld vacuum cleaners. They practically go unnoticed on a shelf.
- Time saving – You do not need to spend an extra fifteen minutes assembling them or taking them apart to store. You can also use them any time there is a mess or spillage. Conventional vacuums are not worth the effort putting together merely to clean small spills.
- Easy to empty – Besides being able to save you time, portable vacuums are also quick and easy to empty. Most have removable or easily emptied dirt cups. Dump the dirt at the push of a button. This makes them a boon for those who suffer from dust allergies. The dust does not get swept right into the air, which often happens when you try to clean vacuums with clogged dust bags.
- Cost effective – Another reason why portable vacuum cleaners are so popular is that they are cost-friendly. Finding little handheld vacuums under $40 is a breeze. It’s also quite easy to find good cordless stick vacuums for under $200.
- They are versatile – Cost-effectiveness aside, these vacuums are versatile. Other vacuums merely clean carpets or floors. Portable vacuums clean floors, carpets and in many cases, upholstered furniture as well.
- They are user-friendly – Most portable cleaners are not difficult at all to use. They are have fewer buttons to press, and the designs are pretty intuitive.
- It can impact your cleaning habits – Lastly, being user-friendly, less bulky and easy to clean, a portable vacuum can improve your cleaning habits. Most people don’t like cleaning because they associate it to the feeling of having to lug around a bulky and heavy machine.
2 Portable Vacuum Cleaners You Should Consider
The Dewalt DC 515K
This dynamic vacuum includes:
- Dual clean up modes.
- A 1/2 gallon tank.
- A HEPA washable filter.
- A durable rubber hose.
The dual clean up modes allow you to clean at a suitable level. Cleaners that are too dynamic may leave fragile carpets frayed and floors scratched.
This vacuum is durable, with a a heavy duty rubber hose. The 1/2 gallon tank is also easy to empty and clean.
A boon is that there is no need to buy filters. The DC 515K has washable, HEPA quality filters.
If you are looking for a portable vacuum that lasts for a long time, look no further. Durability is certain with a heavy-duty rubber hose that survives much wear and tear.
What satisfies most customers here is that this vacuum is beefy but not too stiff. It costs roughly $129.00, but is well worth the money.
2. The Eureka Easy Clean
The next vacuum is Eureka’s Easy Clean Vacuum. This flexible vacuum comes with:
- A Clean Air System.
- An easy-to-empty dust cup.
- User-friendly nozzles.
If you want an adaptable vacuum, this is the cleaner for you. This lightweight, bag less vacuum is the epitome of versatility. It converts with ease into a handheld cleaner.
This means that it works like a charm on both bare floors and upholstery. In addition, the dust cup is easy to clean, so there is no need to fear dust allergies. It is also small, measuring 9 by 5 1/2 by 27 inches.
However, customers report that debris coats the filter after cleaning, indicating that the filtration is not the most ideal.
To sum everything up, portable vacuums are excellent for quick and efficient cleaning. They are the perfect cleaning tools to have with you no matter what your household is like.