Carpet cleaning is a daunting task we all try to avoid, but hiring professional cleaners is costly.
A can help you get rid of all that excess dirt, but it can be time consuming, especially if you don’t find an effective cleaner.
The Hoover MaxExtract FH50220 promises to solve all these issues for you.
Before you run out and pick one up, here is some information to help you understand what this cleaner is all about.
The MaxExtract FH50220 has a host of nifty features to ensure that your carpets are properly and effectively cleaned:
- MaxExtract DualV Nozzle Technology – This dynamic cleaner uses Hoover’s patented DualV Nozzle Technology to extract water from your carpet so that it can dry a lot faster.
- Pressurized Edge-to-Edge Cleaning – A pressurized water wall loosens dirt and grime making it a lot more effective at removing stubborn stains.
- SpinScrub 60 brushes – The SpinScrub 60 counter-rotating brushes surround carpet fibers tightly, removing dirt from all angles.
- Forced heated air – Applies forced dry heating to speed up the drying of your floors. Carpets are dried within a few short hours after a cleaning session.
- SmartTanks System – This machine consists of two separate tanks that hold clean and dirty water. You can fill and rinse both tanks easily.
- 9 ft Clear Active Hose – This allows the machine to clean larger areas with sease.
- Upholstery Tool – You would not expect a carpet cleaner to clean upholstery effectively, but the Hoover MaxExtract has an upholstery attachment that allows it to clean tough edges and furniture. To give your carpet a professional finish, use the 16-oz bottle of 2X Professional Strength Carpet and Upholstery Detergent that Hoover includes with this product.
- Spinning brushes clean more thoroughly – The counter-rotating brushes that are close to the carpet’s fibers allows for a very thorough clean.
- It extracts water thoroughly – The cleaner’s SmartTanks system extracts water from carpets thoroughly. Customers report that their carpets being dried within a relatively short time.
- Machine itself is easy to clean – Sand deposits stay in the tank from time to time, but it is easily removed with a generous spray of water.
- The spout pours out dirt completely – The spout at the side of the tank allow users to pour out dirt quickly.
- The heating system helps the carpet dry a lot faster – Waiting for a carpet to dry needs a lot of patience. Fortunately, this machine’s hot air blast speeds up the process.
No machine is faultless. The MaxExtract FH50220 comes with its share of flaws:
- It uses a lot of water – Some customers reported that it uses too much water. They go through more than a full tank of water for less than 100 square feet.
- Hair gets lodged in the brushes – A few customers stressed that it is a hassle to remove.
- Shampoo stays in the machine – tank needs to be rinsed every now and then to remedy this.
Overall, this Hoover deep carpet cleaner is an effective multi-purpose machine, and will make a nice addition to your cleaning arsenal. You can .