Stick vacuums can be useful for those small clean-up jobs around the house. Their smaller size and weight allows for easier movement and more flexibility.
Rather than dragging around a and then taking up a whole closet for storage, using a will save you some energy and frustration.
Hoover makes a , including a stick vacuum known as the Flair S2220. It’s meant to be used on hardwood floors, area rugs, and low-medium pile carpet.
Although mostly useful for touch-up cleaning and quick fixes, some people very successfully use this machine as a replacement to their uprights or canisters.
There are a few things about this vacuum that make it special. Here’s a few of the key features given by Hoover for this model:
- Adjustable Brush Roller – When switching between hard floors, rugs, and carpet, you can turn the brush roller on the head of the vacuum on and off. Don’t worry about pulling the fringes out of that delicate area rug your great grandmother gave you, just turn the roller off and go.
- Swivel Floor Nozzle – Combine this nozzle with the larger wheels on the head and you can get to that hard to reach dirt that’s been bothering you. The nozzle itself helps you to get around the room easily without having to readjust the angle all the time or force it along.
- Bagless – The S2220 comes equipped with a small dirt collection canister that eliminates the cost and hassle of vacuum bags. It’s easy to empty and wash without making another mess.
- Convenient Storage – Not only does this vacuum weigh only about 10lbs, but it has a slender body and even a nail hook slot at the top of the handle so you can hang it in the closet for very easy storage.
- Multiple Filters – Though not HEPA certified, this model has multiple small filters that work with the bagless filtration system as well. They can be washed and reused when necessary.
- 20 ft Power Cord – When not in use, the cord can be wrapped around the on-body hooks of the vacuum. Instead of unwinding the whole length, you can quick-release it by twisting the hooks.
This Hoover Flair has been praised for a variety of reasons. A few of the most popular aspects of this vacuum are:
- Swivel nozzle improves the reach tremendously – You can almost lay this vacuum down flat and still move it around in order to get every inch of space under a table or a couch.
- It is so easy to store compared to a larger vacuum – There’s no beating a vacuum that you can hang from a nail or tuck away into a small corner.
- Works very well for small-scale jobs – It’s very light and maneuverable, working perfectly on hard floors and decently well on carpeted areas as well.
- The dirt container is see-through – This makes it easy to see when it needs to be emptied and cleaned out.
Alongside the praise, the S2220 has had some unsatisfactory remarks made about it. Here is a summary of what some of the most common have been:
- Motor tends to overheat quickly when the brush roller is on – That means that if you plan to vacuum a large area of carpet, you may have to turn this machine off and let it rest a few times. Sometimes you can help the problem by making sure the filters and the area between the filters is clean, but it won’t solve the issue 100%.
- The vacuum has to be leaned up against something if you’re not using it – You can’t stand it up, so it may fall over if you don’t lean it well enough. This can cause some of the pieces to break after a few hard falls. The most common area to break is the connection from the head of the vacuum to the stick, which is difficult to repair.
- Not a great choice for wall to wall carpeting – That is, unless you only plan to clean small messes with it. It works great on hard floors, but the brush roller causes this machine a bit more stress that it’s meant for if used on carpet frequently.
If you have a carpeted house, you may not want to replace your full-sized vacuum with this. However, if you have mostly hard surfaces, or just want something to do small mess clean-up more easily, this vacuum might be a very good option for you.
You don’t have to commit to much when adding this to your cleaning collection , and the storage space is minimal, making this a nice little vacuum to have alongside a larger model.