Vacuuming up crumbs and dust bunnies is an unavoidable chore, especially if you have little rug rats tracking dirt all over your home.
I believe in making household work as quick and painless as possible, which means I always look for quality cleaning tools.
In my search, I ended up reading a lot about the Eureka Quick-up 96H.
Hopefully, the information I compiled may end up helping you in your search as well.
Product Overview and Description of Features
As the name suggests, the Quick-up 2-in-1 works as both a traditional bag-less standing vacuum, and as a handheld. It’s able to operate as a handheld device because it is cordless and incredibly lightweight at only 4lbs.
There’s a switch to turn on a brush roll that’s supposedly good for working on rugs, carpets, and upholstery. As the brush can be switched off, it works great on hard surfaces too. It also comes with a wall-mountable charging stand.
The vacuum kind of reminds me of a bumble bee with its black and yellow color. Unfortunately, the 6 volts don’t provide enough of a buzz to complete the effect. On second thought, that’s probably a good thing!
Instead of using bags, this vacuum comes with a built-in dust bin. It’s pretty compact, which is something that should be attractive to apartment dwellers or people with limited storage space.
- There’s no cord to trip over or fray to the wires if you’re known to occasionally run over it by accident, like me.
- It’s compact and lightweight, which makes storage easy.
- It’s not a noisy vacuum, so maybe, just maybe, your scaredy-cat will approve.
- Since there’s no extra bags you have to purchase, you’ll save some money down the road.
- It must be charged, which means you actually have to remember to charge it. If you forget, you might be left in a pinch.
- According to reviews, it doesn’t work as well on all surfaces. While it’s great on hardwood floors, carpets take more than one pass for big mess clean-ups.
- Requiring no extra bags to purchase is nice, but that dust bin is a huge hassle to clean-out.
- With the shape of the square nose, I think it might be hard to get up to the edge of the floor, despite claims to the contrary.
- Some reviews indicate that the battery life is leaving something to be desired, but others say that they can clean their whole house in one go.
When you weigh the pros against the cons, the Eureka 96H Quick-up 2-in-1 comes out at about average. Whether or not you decide to purchase it really depends on what you’re looking for in your next vacuum. Whatever you decide, I hope that I helped your decision making process go a bit more smoothly!