When you’re looking for a good mid-range vacuum at a value price, Eureka is one of the best brands to go for.
With less features than some of the other companies, such as Dyson or Miele, they make simple products that are easy to use and designed for a specific purpose.
Among their line of vacuums is the Mighty Mite 3684F.
This model is best when used on hard surfaces and low carpets, and as its name suggests, it is made to keep your house clean even with the messes that pets can leave for you.
The Mighty Mite comes equipped with different features that’s specifically designed for dealing with tricky pet messes. Key features like:
- HEPA Filtration: Along with a vacuum bag, the Pet Lover brings in the extra help of a HEPA filter to make sure even the smallest bit of dust has a hard time escaping back into the air.
- 12amp Motor: The engine on this little machine gives it enough suction to work well for hard floors, small carpets, and furniture. There is no electric brush roller, so the motor is concentrated on suction alone.
- Attachments: This includes the main head, crevice tool, furniture pet hair cleaner, and others. The wand is telescoping, so you don’t need to attach anything extra to it in order to reach tight spaces.
- 20ft Cord: The combination of the cord and the hose length gives you enough reach to clean up most rooms without having to switch plugs. Cord winds up on the bottom of the vacuum and clips on for easy storage.
- Adjustable Suction: You can increase and decrease the suction power for different surfaces by simply twisting a special valve. This can prove useful when you are going between small mats and hard floors.
Each of the above features can prove to be useful or not depending on what you need. Here’s a few things that people have agreed they like most about this model:
- If you have allergies to dust or pet dander, the HEPA filter and bag system works wonders to cut down on allergens. The bags do not release dust when being thrown out, and the HEPA filter prevents nearly everything you put in from going back into the air on the other side.
- The furniture attachment is very handy and does its job well. Whether you’re trying to remove cat hair, dog hair, or anything else, you can count on this little piece to do the trick with just a few sweeps.
- With only 9lbs of weight, it’s easy to pull around behind you or carry up and down the stairs.
Of course, not everything about this vacuum is perfect. Some of the most common complaints are:
- Hose is not made of high quality plastic like the body, so it can puncture or rip if not properly taken care of. Breaks can be fixed with duct tape, but still become pretty inconvenient sometimes.
- Attachments don’t all fit onto the vacuum body for storage. This makes it a bit difficult for some people to keep everything together, and with the long hose and wand it’s not that easy to tuck away into a corner of the closet.
- HEPA filter replacement can get pricey. Unless you need it for allergy reasons or you don’t mind paying for the upkeep, you might be better suited with using just a regular filter system.
Eureka’s Mighty Mite 3684F is great if you have pets that live with you in a house with hard surfaces and low carpets. It picks up hair, kitty litter, and any regular messes effectively without causing you too much stress having to drag it along.
Don’t expect a bunch of fancy features or hidden tricks with this vacuum, but expect a nice price discount because of that! Make sure to check out some of the customer feedback reviews first before purchasing one for your home.