Are you fed up with garbage, pet messes and cereal cluttering your floors? Is it difficult to clean across the room with wires running all over the place? If you’re desperately looking for a versatile handheld vacuum that can help you accomplish your regular cleaning jobs, then the Black & Decker PHV1810 should be at the top of your list.
It was rated the best handheld vacuum in 2012 because of its strong suction power (which is 35 air watts).
This value is surprisingly higher than the Dyson DC44, Hoover Presto and other expensive cordless models.
It’s not at all surprising that more customers prefer Black & Decker over many other reputed brands.
The PHV1810 is a very efficient 18-volt handheld vacuum that’s available in the market at an affordable price; almost half the cost of what most other comparable vacuum cleaners are currently going for.
- High-performing motor based on 18-volts of power.
- Small, noise-free and easy-to-use design.
- Extendable crevice tools, on-board/pull-out brush and other smart accessories available.
- Translucent dirt bowls that are easy to remove and wash.
- Washable, removable filters.
- LED indicator lights that notify its charging status.
- Cyclonic filtration.
- Foldable nozzle.
- Average weight just 4.4 pounds (which makes it easily manageable).
- Run time: 17 minutes.
- Manufacturer’s warranty: 2 years.
Cleaning The Filters
This wonderful device works on two adjustments for the filter—“Quick Clean-up” and “Thorough Cleaning”.
Users can switch to “Quick clean-up” mode when the dirt bag is full and you just need to empty its contents. Contrary to this, the “Thorough Cleaning” method involves methodical washing of the filter. You need to pull the dirt bag off and expose the filters. Empty its contents and wash it thoroughly. Repeat the process at least once in every 6 to 9 months.
There’s no specific guideline for charging the vacuum. As soon as the LED light indicates low power, just plug the device into the charger and let it charge for up to 24 hours. After the charging is complete, the batteries last for around 17 minutes.
1) On Furniture: Due to the tiny size of its nozzle, you won’t be able to pick up large objects. Hence, the gadget is perfect for cleaning spots, spills and debris littered on furniture. Since it doesn’t have any special pet-tools, it can’t pick up fine pet hair from carpet or upholstery as efficiently as a vacuum designed for this purpose.
2) On Carpet: It comes with a motorized brush so you can easily remove loose dirt and debris from your carpets.
3) On Floor & Other Surfaces: Its wide nozzle helps to cover a larger area of the floor. As the vacuum moves forward, its strong suction power gobbles up cereal, pet messes, pet hair, bread crumbs, and just about any other small object. Since it’s furnished with special brush tools and crevices, it can easily draw dust off your vents, windows, doors and tables.
- Powerful suction.
- Transparent filters and dirt cup which alarm you to empty its contents.
- Decent battery backup.
- Perfect for spot cleaning.
- Affordable price.
- Easy to use.
- Functional attachments.
- Takes a long time to charge.
- Non-detachable batteries.
- Has trouble picking up fine hair strands from upholstery.
Overall, the Black & Decker PHV1810 offers fantastic value at an incredible price point. Definitely worth checking out if you’re looking for a quick and easy-to-use vacuum that packs a decent amount of power too.