I’ve been using Black and Decker Dust-busters ever since early 1980s. Unlike the first model, which was poised between great battery life and powerful suction, nothing useful came forth, as the decades rolled by.
The makers launched different designs, increased DC volts in the remodeled versions and did meaningless changes to stay ahead; but, they didn’t consider portability features in their gadgets until the Black & Decker CHV1410L was launched in the market.
At present, the CHV1410L Dust Buster is one of the best and most affordable handheld models. Featuring similar power, voltage cost and remarkable features as its competitors, the Dust-buster easily replaces small brooms, mops and other cleaning equipment in the house.
It’s a perfect device for quick cleaning jobs, including spills and fine particles cluttering the carpets.
It features a lightweight design, easy-to-empty bag-less dirt bowls and efficient batteries that last for more than a year make it more useful and practical than all other brands.
The quality of design and engineering used in the CHV1410L model ensures maximum portability and presents a mess-free surface in seconds. The raving reviews from past customers speak for itself.
- Smart charging technology that consumes only 50% power.
- High-performing Lithium ion batteries that charge 5 times faster than normal batteries and hold charge up to 18 months.
- Outstanding run time and great performance.
- Lightweight body, no memory effect and long life.
- Strong cyclonic action that keeps your filters clean.
- Slim, rotating nozzles for different cleaning jobs.
- Detachable, easy-to-wash filters and bowls that facilitate thorough cleaning.
- Replacement filters available.
- Translucent dirt bowls that let you see the contents held inside.
- Special brush and crevice tools located on-board (thus, you no longer have to worry about misplacing your tools).
- On-board extension and less bending (both features are important for smooth cleaning).
- Suitable for quick cleanups.
- Compact and portable (can be carried anywhere).
- Charging system has been granted “energy star ratings” (it means the machine consumes less energy and the batteries perform really well).
- Sleek structure of the nozzle targets dirt settled in tight spaces and inaccessible spots.
- 50% more efficient that previous models.
- Strong suction force traps all the fine particles settled on different surfaces.
- 2 years warranty on all accessories.
- The lock present on the extendable nozzle gets pushed back when you apply force on it.
- Noisy cleaning.
- The nozzle and the dirt cup are too small to hold large amounts of dust and you’ve to empty it at frequent intervals.
- Nozzle extender slides in and out quite often (this reduces the pore size on the nozzle and thus, it can’t pick up larger particles).
- No mechanism for automatic shut down (you have to turn it off on your own).
- Doesn’t mount on wall brackets.
- Blue LED lights which indicate charging status are too bright and obstructive (you can use it as an alternative to night light).
The CHV1410L Dust Buster is a bit more pricey than most other handheld models but with its cord-like performance, easy to remove accessories, outstanding battery life and upright design, it’s definitely worth the price. In short, it’s a “must buy” model for students, bachelors and apartment owners!