BISSELL has come out with a hand-held, cordless spot remover for those emergency stain situations. This means you can have kids, pets, and carpet without worrying about what’s going to happen to your home.
The seven inch nozzle effectively removes both stains and odors, and the battery can run at full power for 15 minutes before requiring a 12 hour charge.
What Customers Liked
- The BISSELL SpotLifter 2X is small, lightweight, and easily maneuverable. Which means it works great in all types of areas. It is much easier to use on stairs than a bigger full room steam cleaner. Plus it is light enough to use on your vehicles upholstery. Try doing that with a full room version.
- It effectively removes stains; good to know since that is its intended purpose. Many of the customer reviews mentioned pet stains which this machine makes short work of; just as important, it eliminates the odor that is often left behind along with the stain.
- The cleaning solution can be bought anywhere BISSELL products are sold. If you are like me, you often don’t realize that you are nearly out of a product until you try to use it. Waiting for days to receive my cleaning solution would not work. In addition, it is not necessary to use the BISSELL cleaning solution. Consumers report that industrial carpet cleaning solutions often work better.
- The tank is dishwasher safe. I am something of a germ-o-phobe, so the ability to put the tank in the dishwasher scores this product major bonus points.
- The price point is another big hit with consumers. It is always nice to get an excellent product for a fair price.
What Customers Did Not Like
- The battery takes about 24 hours to charge the first time. This can be inconvenient if you are purchasing the machine for immediate stain removal. Secondly, the battery lasts about 15 minutes at full power. Then it takes 12 hours to recharge. Imagine how frustrating it would be if the battery ran out mid-job and you had to wait 12 hours to complete the job. That is the type of thing that would drive me batty.
- The dirty water holding tank is very small; this requires frequent dumping to prevent the dirty water from exiting the machine back onto your carpets. The basic rule is that before you refill the solution tank, dump the waste tank.
- The battery is not replaceable which means that once the battery will no longer hold a charge, the product is useless making this a disposable product. This can be a major drawback for those interested in the environment and sustainability.
Considering the price point and its intended purpose, this BISSELL spot remover is still a decent investment. Most of the consumer reviews and ratings extoll its effectiveness.
The overall feeling of the reviews is one of pleasure at having purchased this machine, with many stating they would buy it again. You can check out some of the reviews here yourself before deciding if it’s a suitable for your home.