How to Find The Best Upright Vacuum
Benefits of Using an Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Some people think upright vacuum cleaners are heavier than other models simply because they have their motor and suction head all in one unit. This is completely untrue because there are plenty of lightweight models available in the marketplace.
Many of the best upright vacuums these days allow a self-propelled motion that will effortlessly glide to different areas of your carpet.
They also have have excellent suction capability to offer a really deep clean, even on the dirtiest of carpets.
Factors to Consider Before Buying
There are some upright models that are a little more expensive than most – however, they tend to have excellent longevity, and a lot more durability than most cheaper models, which means it can last you for more years.
If you’re someone who likes to clean the floors fairly often, it might be wise to invest only into the best vacuum that you can comfortably afford.
- Cord length – The cord length is an important factor to consider. With larger carpeted rooms, it can sometimes be a bit difficult to clean the entire floor without having to unplug and re-plug into different power outlets. This is can be very inconvenient, so don’t forget to take the size of your rooms into consideration when looking at cord length.
- Noise – How quiet do you need your cleaner to be? In recent years, there’s been major advancement in sound quality of upright vacuums. If you find a lot of noise to be bothersome to you, make sure to read through some online reviews and consider the noise level of each product before arriving at a decision.
- Usage – How do you plan on using it? If you have hardwood floors in your home, and you’re looking for something that can keep it clean, an upright cleaner might not be the best choice. Upright vacuums aren’t ideal for cleaning wooden surfaces because they’re usually not designed with hard floor surfaces as its top priority. Instead, you might want to consider a canister vacuum for the task.
- Warranty – Consider the warranty period – A longer warranty is really helpful if you have a track record of buying cheaper vacuums that break down every few months. A warranty in this case can give you piece of mind, knowing that if it does break down, you don’t need to worry about covering the cost of the repair.
- Suction Power – Is there a lot of dirt, pet dander, or debris sitting on your carpet? Some messes require stronger suction power than others. You know your home better than any vendor, so make sure to take a moment and consider what type of mess you’re trying to clean. Generally, hard to clean messes like engrained pet hair require a much more powerful vacuum. This is why most pet vacuums come with a powerful suction system.
Read Customer Reviews Online
Most large online retail sites have customers who provide feedback, and honest reviews about their experiences with specific products. You can really obtain valuable information and insight about different products and brands simply by reading these reviews.
Be sure to make a list of each vacuum that you’re interested in, and jot down the pros and cons. This will help you make the most informed decision, and ensure that you pick the best upright vacuum that meet your requirements.
Here are some of the finest upright vacuums available: