Best Robot Vacuum: A Simple Buyer’s Guide
They used to be something out of a science fiction movie, but today, robot vacuums aren’t that unusual. They are also available in abundance, which is great for you.
The more competition for your business, the less you will have to spend to get the best robot vacuum. As you shop for one, the first thing you need to do before comparing different models is to ascertain what your specific needs are.
Is A Robot Vacuum A Good Purchase For Your Needs?
This is a question only you can answer–but, I’m here to help. I’ve found that these units work best when you have light to medium-light soiling on your floors.
There are a couple of drawbacks when it comes to using one. Most of these aren’t deal breakers, but you should keep them in mind. For example, you may run into problems using a robotic vacuum cleaner if you have a very busy household, where family members are tracking in a lot of dirt, leaves, and other debris.
A Few Concerns to Take Note of
1. Battery Life
Obviously, these machines need to be battery powered, that means limited cleaning time. If the main floor you’re cleaning is a standard sized home, you should have no issues. Typically, these automatic vacuum cleaners work great for any size floor surface. Unless you own something like a mansion, battery life shouldn’t really be an issue for you.
2. Small Dirt Compartment
As mentioned earlier, if you have a floor littered with large debris (or a lot of it!), your machine might fill up too soon before cleaning the entire floor. This could lead to complications with the unit stopping long before it has hit every nook and cranny.
Most people don’t have to deal with this, unless they live on a farm or something! I have a couple of heavy shedding dogs, and my machine never gets over-filled.
3. The Unmentionables
There are a couple of things that these vacuum makers don’t mention when it comes to these particular types of devices.
- First, you need to make sure every cord, cable, and shoe lace is out of reach as they can get swept up and cause the unit to malfunction.
- Second, simply emptying the machine after it’s completed it’s cycle may not be enough. The brushes and rollers need to be removed and stripped of hair and debris . There are also a couple of filters that may need a quick blowing out.
- And third, these little guys sometimes don’t do so well on a couple of surfaces, such as deep shag (I’m not sure if anyone has that anymore!), stairs, and some wool throw rugs.
Consider the above issues and decide if this type of vacuum is suitable for your home. Personally, I would buy one regardless and give it a try. The benefit and convenience of a properly working set-up is too great to just dismiss.
Personally, I love the one I have in my home right now! Whenever I see any little (or giant) tufts of dog hair around, I just fire it up, and then head out for a long, leisurely lunch. When I return, I simply empty the machine for my next use in a couple of days.
Robotic Vacuums And Their Value
- CONVENIENT! The number one advantage is their convenience. They really do thoroughly vacuum your floors without you having to take the time and do it. Changing from , to the wand/attachments, then back to standard use without the brush rollers going–it’s a nightmare and headache. All this goes away simply by using a robotic vacuum cleaner (it doesn’t even have to be the best robot vacuum out there!). It’s a great alternative to , which are known to offer convenience and ease-of-use.
- NO-TOUCH CLEANING! They clean without needing anyone at home. As a matter of fact, it’s better if no one is around to get in the way. I find myself running it at night downstairs as I head upstairs to bed. No one is disturbed, and in the morning, we walk down to a freshly vacuumed floor. THAT is a great feeling!
- AMAZINGLY AFFORDABLE! Finally, what an incredible value these machines are nowadays! Prices have really come down and they are more reasonable than ever. We have an upright AND a robot vacuum, and we utilize them fairly equally.
Again, unless you own an unusually large home, these units make a big difference when it comes to keeping your floors and your home looking clean. Price, convenience, and hands-free vacuuming is all you need to think about when deciding if a robot vacuum is a good idea for you.
Here are the top rated robot vacuums that we recommend checking out:
Make sure to as you can so you get a good feel for the product before investing your money in it.